Friday 9 November 2012

Production Diary: Day 7

9th November 2012

From the feedback we received on our first draft we decided on which scenes to cut and what new scenes we want to film to give the ending of the trailer a more climatic feel. We watched a lot more existing thriller-horror film trailers to get inspiration and after a few hours of research we decided on specific scenes we will film today.



 To make our trailer more climatic, we decided on adding more action of the ghost within the plot to make it clearer what she is doing. We started off at Abi's house and ended up going to Rebecca's due to certain props within her house such as her wardrobe. We had difficulties with the costume due to the wig being left at the last location but luckily Rebecca had one similar that we could use. Untangling the wig took up valuable time, the situation could have been avoided if we allocated the responsibility of picking up wig to one of us before we left the first location. I was in charge of the camera and partially directing the lighting and position of the actors. I positioned the camera the way I thought would suit the scene best but after filming Abi directed me to film at a different angle. She kept changing her mind on where she wanted the camera even after I said the angle she asked for did not show the actor but she still insisted on using it. From the opinion I gave to Claudia about the lighting seen through the camera I asked her if she could shift the lamp slightly to give a better effect but Abi told Claudia to change the lighting again. It became confusing as I directed Claudia then Abi directed her with something else and as I positioned myself with the camera with what Claudia and I thought was best, Abi directed me to change the angle. It took a lot longer than it should have for the short amount of usable footage we filmed today. We believe one more day of filming should be enough to make our improvements.



No comments:

Post a Comment